DD-WRT GUI OpenVPN Client
Last updated by Shayne M on April 06, 2019 13:31
For pre-configured VPNSecure DD-WRT or Tomato based routers please purchase a router from Flashrouters.com
- Download your OpenVPN configuration files (Regenerate key files) to your computer.
- NOTE: you will have to remove the password or have support remove your password from your key files in order for this to successfully work.
If you have OpenSSL installed you can use the following command
openssl rsa -in username.key -out username.keyout use username.keyout going forward, instead of username.key
- Begin by logging into your router's backend, e.g. http://192.168.1.1/
- Go to the Services tab, and then click the VPN sub-tab.
- Scroll down to the "OpenVPN Client" section, and click "Enable".
- Fill out the following information under "OpenVPN Client":
- Server IP/Name: This is the server's hostname (Hostnames are in the format of two Alpha country code, followed by the number of the server, example, United States 8 server is us8.vpnsecure.me, or United Kingdom 1 is uk1.vpnsecure.me)
- Port: If you're connecting via UDP (recommended), this will be: 1191.
- Tunnel Device: TUN
- Tunnel Protocol: UDP (can be TCP if you're behind a restrictive firewall but UDP is faster)
- Encryption Cipher: NONE
- Hash Algorithm: SHA1
- nsCertType verification: Leave unchecked.
- Advanced Options: Enable
- TLS Cipher: NONE
- LZO Compression: DISABLED
- NAT: Enable
- IP Address: Leave blank.
- Subnet Mask: Leave blank.
- TUN MTU Setting: 1500
- MSS-Fix/Fragment across the tunnel: Leave blank.
- TLS Auth Key: BLANK
- Additional Config:
- Policy based Routing: Leave blank.
- CA Cert: Open the 'ca.crt' file from the zip you downloaded in step (1) and copy/paste all of the contents from 'ca.crt' into this field.
- Public Client Cert: Open the 'YOURUSERNAME.crt' file from the zip you downloaded in step (1) and copy/patse all of the contents from 'YOURUSERNAME.crt' into this field.
- Private Client Key: Open the 'YOURUSERNAME.key' file from the zip you downloaded in step (1) and copy/paste all of the contents from 'YOURUSERNAME.key' into this field.
- Click "Save" at the bottom.
If the internet does not work after connecting to the VPN - Add this under Administration -> Commands -> Firewall
iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -s 192.168.1.0/24 -j MASQUERADE
replace 192.168.1.0 with your local network
VPNSecure Provides Secure VPN servers in over 45+ Countries
If you are a looking for a versatile easy to use VPN service, checkout Today