How to share VPN to your AppleTV (Windows)
Last updated by Sam K on June 01, 2020 22:52
How to share VPN to your AppleTV, ChromeCast, Fire Stick, Smart TV, Playstation & Xbox using Windows.
You’re using your VPNSecure VPN on your computer, tablet, and phone. But now you’d like to use it on a smart TV or other device in order to watch your favorite shows. This device could be the Apple TV, ChromeCast, Samsung TVs, Panasonic TVs, Nintendo, Playstation, XBox, or anything similar.
Most of these devices do not allow you to specify a VPN in their network settings. And most also don’t allow third-party applications to be installed on them. So, the solution is to connect to the VPNSecure using a laptop or computer with a wired or 2nd Wifi connection, and then share that connection over Wifi with the smart TV/other device. The smart TV thinks it’s connecting to a Wifi router when it’s actually connecting to your computer/laptop. Here are instructions to do this.
Watch the video!
- Laptop or desktop computer
- Two connections to your internet router. One can be the built-in Wifi device of your laptop/computer. The other can be either a wired ethernet connection or a Wifi USB stick, for example (i.e. two wifi connections).
- A fully functional VPNSecure subscription. If you haven’t purchased a VPN account already, do so here: https://www.vpnsecure.me/pricing/ [Test the account to make sure it works on your computer]
- After setting the VPN up, the next step is to share your Internet connection. Go to the taskbar and click on the connection icon. You will see the VPN connection you just created. Right-click on the VPN and select Properties. Choose the sharing tab and check Allow other networks users to connect through this computer’s Internet connection.
- You need to share the VPN with a connection that you aren’t already using. For example, if your Windows computer is connected to the Internet via WiFi, create a 2nd WiFi connection and connect the TV to that. For this to work, you have to share the VPN to an inactive connection. This is why you need connections to your Wifi router, as described in the beginning of this article.
VPNSecure Provides Secure VPN servers in over 45+ Countries
If you are a looking for a versatile easy to use VPN service, checkout Today