Linux OpenVPN Network-Manager Setup Guide (Manual)
Last updated by Shayne M on May 21, 2013 23:13
On Ubuntu you will need to install the package "network-manager-openvpn"
sudo apt-get install network-manager-openvpn
Copy all of the required .crt, .key , pem and ovpn files to /etc/openvpn
You can Generate the key and configuration file from the Members area
- Once installed, click network manager icon in tray, edit connections
- Click VPN tab, then import
- Select each ovpn file for the server you want to add
- Make sure it has autodetected all of the Certificate and Key file locations - select manually if required (/etc/openvpn)
- Save your key file password (usually the same as members area password) under "Private Key Password" You can resync your key file password from the Members area
- Save, disable networking and re-enable to allow the new VPN connection to show up.
If you receive the following error after setting up network-manager-openvpn
no valid vpn secrets
Please do the following from the terminal and try reconnecting.
sudo /etc/init.d/network-manager restart
VPNSecure Provides Secure VPN servers in over 45+ Countries
If you are a looking for a versatile easy to use VPN service, checkout Today